Denver Area 8 Members,
Denver Area 8 Members,
1. Dues for the 2014-2015 Season ARE NOW DUE and payable by APRIL 15th! Dues need to be paid to CHSAA by this date. If you have questions regarding dues payment please contact Monica Tillman at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Colorado Board #4 Awards Banquet will be held in Colorado Springs on Saturday, April 26th at the El Pomar Foundation Garden Pavilion – 1661 Mesa Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. Social is scheduled from 12 noon to 1 pm with Lunch and the awards presentation from 1 pm to 5 pm. Several of our Denver Area 8 members will be receiving awards so come out and support these very deserving officials. Any questions contact Bob Lantzy from Colorado Springs at email@example.com
Reservations need to be made in advance. Click here for a reservation form: 2014 CO Board #4 Banquet Reservation Form
Congrats to the Denver Area 8 officials working games during the final week of the 2014 State Tournament!
Here is the list: 2014 Colorado State Championships March 13-15
Get out and support your fellow officials!
The Annual Denver Area 8 Basketball Officiating Camp will be held May 8-11, 2014 at Grandview HS.
This camp is designed for 1st through 3rd year officials with a focus on 2 person mechanics.
CAMP COST: $ 75.00 which includes a camp gift, a DVD of at least 1 of your games, and classroom session with an exhibition game worked by veteran officials. A non-refundable deposit of $25 will hold your spot with final payment due by May 1st.
Please go to the “Area 8 Camp Details” page for more info and to register for camp.
Congratulations to 2 Denver Area 8 Members!
Congrats to Jeff LaGrange – Denver Area 8′s newest Area Director for the 3 year term 2014-2017.
Congrats also to Kerrian Chambers Sr. – This year’s Terry Schiessler Memorial Award winner!
Last Saturday – January 25th, several officials and some family members came out to Brewery Bar IV in support of our Officials vs Cancer Event with the Mike Boyle Radio Show.
Thanks to all who attended the event and to Mike Curnow for organizing this event with Mike Boyle. We raised $1024 on Saturday – $200 came from Doug Lindstrom, the owner of Brewery Bar; $312 came from cash and check donations; and the additional $512 came from an Area 8 member who wanted to match the donations on Saturday – THANK YOU!
Doug Lindstrom offered to help us out again next year for our Officials vs Cancer event!
WEAR YOUR PINK AND/OR WHITE WHISTLES DURING YOUR GAMES THIS WEEK!
You can have the announcer at your games make an announcement regarding Officials Vs Cancer. Click here for a sample announcement: OvC-Announcement.
Don’t Forget our end of week event at the Brewery Bar IV on Parker Road on Saturday, January 25th with the Mike Boyle 710 KNUS radio show. We would like to see as many of you as possible out there for this event. Click here for an announcement that you can print and hand out to fans at your games: Officials vs Cancer 2014_public.
Happy New Year to All!
1. Here are the upcoming January meetings: (Remember you are required to attend 1 meeting per month)
General Meeting - Monday, January 6 – 7 pm at Overland HS
Sunday Area Meeting - Sunday, January 12 – 7 pm at Denver Seminary
Area Meetings - Monday, January 13 – 7 pm at Overland HS and Thornton HS
2. A couple other reminders as we begin games again and head into league play:
Mandatory to contact your partners and the school to make sure that everyone is on the same page and shows up for the game at the correct time and place. If you do not get a response, continue to contact them; then contact the assignor if necessary. Make sure you allow enough time with traffic and weather to arrive at the game at least 1 hour before your scheduled game time.
Know the difference between illegal contact and incidental contact. Penalize illegal contact. Know the rules and call the game by the rules as written in the rule book. We don’t get into trouble when we enforce the rules as written.
Be Responsible, Be Professional, and take care of business on and off the court.
And most importantly - HAVE FUN!
Your Area Directors,
Steve, Denise, Donovan, and Doug
Denver Area 8 Officials,
I have some really GREAT news for our Officials vs. Cancer drive next month. Mike Boyle from KNUS radio really stepped up and provided another slam dunk event for us to promote! Here is the info that Mike has already put on his web site -http://www.mikeboyle.com/
Aurora - Saturday, January 25 - Boyle Supper Club at Brewery Bar IV in the Arapahoe Crossings shopping Center at Arapahoe and Parker Road. I will be there broadcasting and you can enjoy the steak or chicken fajitas for only $7.10. Start with complimentary chips and salsa. With your meal purchase, Brewery Bar owners will be supporting International Association of Approved Basketball Officials in their fight against cancer. So….you get a great meal, a great deal, and some of the money goes to help a worthwhile organization doing a good deed. – See more at: http://www.mikeboyle.com/
Here is some behind the scenes info:
· As you can read from above, Mike will be broadcasting his 3-5P KNUS show from the Brewery Bar IV. Mike has waived his appearance fee for this event. As with last year Mike would like to get as many officials as possible on the air live.
· The Brewery Bar IV will deeply discount their steak or chicken fajitas for the GREAT price of $7.10. Anyone who comes in and mentions Mike’s show or our drive gets that price. In other words, anytime that Saturday, the price is good for the event and not just during the radio show.
· In support of our drive, The Brewery Bar IV has agreed to donate $200!! That is just AWESOME!!
So we need to get the word out to EVERYONE to support Mike Boyle and the Brewery Bar IV on Saturday January 25th. Tell all your family and friends to help support this event and let’s get as many officials as we can out there as well!
Feel free to drop Mike a BIG thank you for his outstanding support of our drive again this year at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Curnow & The Cancer Committee
The first General Meeting of the 2013-2014 Season will be on Monday, November 25th at 7 pm at Overland HS in the Cafeteria.
If you did not attend a Master Clinic, you must attend this General Meeting to satisfy the Rules meeting requirement as outlined in the Colorado Board 4 Constitution and By-Laws.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!